Moving to your first home marks a new phase of your life. This is the reason you desire to consider every small aspect of decorating the home. Guidelines are the unsurpassed source of clarification, all the time. Here are some tips to decorate your first home. Remember, decorating it must be an exciting and full of fun.
1. Carry your old stuff – To start your decoration in the new home, it is necessary to bring the old furniture.
- It helps you to begin the decorating without having to initiate from scratch
- In advance get rid of those pieces, you don’t like but bring the ones that will blend well in the new environment. Even carry those things you are attached to.
2. First decorate the bedroom – This is the best game plan to start the home decoration.
- Before getting started determine the color scheme
- The bedroom must be painted in light subtle color or have one wall highlighted to make the look amazing
- Add little touches like matching furniture or curtains to spruce the space up
3. Merge the colors – In case, you have an array of odd furniture try to unify everything with a single color.
- When the colors of items differ they can clash and make the room look dull
- Paint the walls or a single wall with certain color to balance the look of the room
- Seek for accent rug or curtains to combine it all together
4. Little, inexpensive updates are sufficient – There is no need to buy expensive things to make the house look good.
- Make small changes instead of spending in expensive new cabinets. For example, Just paint the existing dresser or change its hardware
- Changing the kitchen and bathroom lights can also create wonders
5. Add new decorations in installments – You don’t have to buy everything instantly.
- You have already invested lots in buying your first home, so it makes sense to delay some of your purchases
- Important things like kitchen and beds are vital but curtains, wall décor, new couch and more are some things that can wait until you save some cash to spend.
6. Compromise and be creative
- There is no need to spend fortunes on popular designer furniture to attain a stylish and unique looking living room.
- There are antique stores, which carry different styles of old pieces, which can add quality to your house. There are hidden treasures in second-hand stores as well as charity shops.
This helps you avoid financial stress as well as you will not suffer much loss, if you desire to change stuffs in near future.
Say yes to second-hands – Your friends and family may want to give you spare home wares willingly. You may get some beautiful and quirky items for free. Thus, you will not have to invest in a whole new thing. You can save more to have it replaced in near future.
Make it unique – You may find a decent furniture piece in a second-hand shop. You will just have to remove the paint and restore the furniture yourself.
Hang art – Interesting framed artworks can make any kind of home look best. There is no need to buy artworks from professionals but buy from those local artists, who sell their unique work at reasonable prices.
In the beginning, all the things will look totally messed up. Be patient for some time because after a while, you will discover better solutions. Tending to make instant decisions can be expensive.
First homes are in no way JUST RIGHT, but certainly are THE FIRST. It may not be the best, but will make things memorable, so love the place and care for it.